Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How to Invite a Spirit into Your Dreams to Converse!

After this article will be an update on a few things, including how my computer is finally saved from oblivion ;) I know I have spoken about dreams and spirits, but now I want to make a post only about it and answering the more popular questions regarding ghosts and dreams.

Can Ghosts Communicate Through Dreams and Nightmares?

In my experience, they certainly can and do so frequently. That is the most plain answer I can give, and as you know - plain answers bore me and I require some elaborative fun.

How Can I Tell if a Spirit is Communicating in a Dream?

The dreams will feel more detailed, more lucid, more like reality. They will be less disjointed and much easier to remember when you wake up.
Sometimes they will lock eyes with you to try and get your attention, eye contact that feels almost tangible - like a warm breeze mixed with quick panic. Sometimes they will walk through your dreams, from one to another, and keep looking at you in that piercing way. I am not sure why they do this, but from what I have gathered it seems like it is the brain's way of perceiving the communication.
Sometimes you will wake up and see them for a split second.
Sometimes you will wake up and smell a sweet smell, or a scent that reminds you of them.
Sometimes you will be unable to wake yourself from the dream, even though you know it is a dream.


Can I Force or Encourage a Spirit Communication Through Dreams?

So far as I can tell, I have never been able to force a dream conversation by will alone - no. But there are probably very gifted people out there who can just force the communication. One thing I do not like to do is force spirits to do anything - and so I have never experimented with such ideas.
Encouraging is another thing. With Spirits, the best thing you can do is talk to them aloud or in your mind - like inner monologue - the way you talk to yourself inside your head. Try this one night:
1. Clear your mind before bed, when you're all tucked in and lights are out. Have a notebook or notepad and pen or pencil by your bed or even a tablet or smartphone or other computer.. Set your alarm to wake you up at an appropriate time in the morning.
2. Breathe in a count of 4 and slower out to a count of 8. Repeat four times.
3. If you are feeling nervous or scared or like something bad is watching you... do not attempt the rest of this exercise until such time as these feelings are gone. When you feel at peace, calm, and happy - that's a green light to continue to step 4.
4. In your mind, I want you to say the name of the spirit you're trying to contact for a good minute or so, slowly and with focused care. If you want to just invite a friendly spirit or patron spirit (someone out to help you) , instead say "friendly, kind spirits" or "guardian spirit".
5. Then I want you to say your goal for that night - for example "I want to communicate with you during my dreams" or "I would like you to give me your guidance in a dream" or "I'm open to anything you have to say while I am asleep" or "I need help, please come to me in my dreams."
6. If you feel happy and calm still, continue to the next step. If you feel scared, nervous, or that "being watched" feeling - red light.. stop and try again another night.
7. Then I want you to use that inner voice and invite them, welcome them, to your dreams. Say something like, "You are welcomed in my dreams" or "I invite you in my dreams" or "You have permission to enter my dreams."
8. Go to sleep. Have no expectations, this might not work the first time, or the first dozen times, or the first hundred. Relax and feel the comfort of your bed and calmed muscles slowly release the tension of the day.
9. When your alarm goes off, let it ring. Do not move your head quickly. Be gentle and slow. Try to remember your dreams and write ALL the details you recall. Sometimes reading over it again can give your memory a kick start to get more goodies. Keep writing until you are satisfied.


Keeping the dream journal is essential. The more you recall your dreams, the more you can recall spirit communications. They are certainly more memorable, but the detail of recall can be improved by writing all your dreams down. If you don't have time to write it all out (I have done this for a long time so I know how time consuming it can be) - use keywords. I will give you an example.


I had a dream that my grandfather was sitting next to me (I have many dreams of my Grandfathers) in the usual parlour he'd have special guests in - you know, one of those fancy living rooms only used for company? Well he used it for his shop too, and I recall loving the furniture and wanting to sit down on this particular chair - but I was too scared to damage it - it was so old and fine and delicate. In the dream, he allowed me to sit in the chair. His bedroom was melded with this parlour, and all the paintings he had there, the vanity, and bed. The bed had some puppets sleeping, and I told my grandfather to stay quiet. He smiled and told me this was just a dream. And we had time to talk the whole night, for what felt like a day in dream time, which I had missed out on a lot as he lived so far from me as a child. 12 hours of driving, in my condition, was not possible after the age of 20ish. We shared our "I love you" and "I miss you" and before I woke up - he told me that he was always there to help.


How would you keyword a dream like this instead of writing it all out? Here's how I do it, maybe it'll give you ideas for your own system.


+Grandpa +Special Parlour +Bedroom melded +Puppets Sleeping +All a dream +Love +Miss +Help


These keywords kinda cheapen the moment, I know, but the words are keys that unlock the full memory. Just remembering the puppets and him telling me about it being just a dream would bring back a lot of details of the conversation we'd had. The melded bedroom and parlour would remind me of the furniture, etc. Having these keywords and reading them aloud to yourself really sustains the memory for longer. Dream journaling has greatly increased my dream recall.


A last important note about recording dreams - if spirits say things that stick out.. like lines you remember more clearly - such as "watch out for the red car with the black spoiler" (from an old dream journal entry of mine) - do not just key word it. Keyword AND quote. Not paraphrase, but a direct quote as sometimes there are double meanings or subtleties you might have missed while dreaming or while recalling the dream for the first time.


What do I do with the Dream Journal?

Well, you leave space to write what happened that day, the next day, and so on - and see if there are any correlations with the dream. You can also use it to remember the wonderful moments you spend with spirits. Sometimes spirits will warn you about something, and so it's a good thing to be able to look back in the journal for clues to what you need to do or avoid.
Keep the journal away from others, especially bully types and people who just don't get anything that isn't taught in schools. Some people do not understand dream journaling and mistake it for something negative or even against their religion. So as with anything in these lines, keep it to yourself and those you trust not to use such things against you.
Refer to the dream journal as often as you are curious. Spirits will often nudge you to go back to a clue. You could get a sudden need to look at it, or even an image in your mind of the journal or the dream(s) will flash in your mind. Use it as a generalized journal or have a separate journal to write down the happenings of the day - that way you can compare.


I hope this has been helpful, or interesting!
Thank you for reading my rambles, and take care of yourselves.